Wintery Mint Hot Chocolate Float
- 1 half gallon Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 4 cups milk (preferably whole or 2%)
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves, torn in half
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional garish: chocolate mints
- Place milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add torn mint leaves, cover, and remove pan from heat. Steep milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves with a slotted spoon and return saucepan to medium/medium-low heat.
- Add cocoa powder and sugar, whisking frequently until warm, but not boiling. Add chocolate chips and whisk constantly until the chips melt and are incorporated into the milk.
- Place 1-2 scoops of Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in each mug, then pour in hot cocoa.
- Top each mugful with a chocolate mint. Serve immediately then stand back and wait for the applause.