Cinnamon Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 1 half gallon Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 cups milk (preferably whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks as garnish (optional)
- Place milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium/medium-low heat. Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar, whisking frequently until mixture is warm, but not boiling.
- Add chocolate chips and whisk constantly until the chips melt and are incorporated into the milk.
- Place 1-2 scoops of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in each mug, then top with hot cocoa.
- Garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick, and serve them immediately to your adoring fans.