Double Dutch Hot Chocolate Float
Just when you thought winter couldn’t get any better than the comfort of hot chocolate, there’s a new twist on the tradition: Add a scoop of Blue Bell and sink into the joy!
Share the Sweetness:
Hot Chocolate Float
- 1 half gallon Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (preferably whole or 2% dairy, or unsweetened almond or oat milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, water, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth, slowly bringing the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the milk, being careful not to let it boil.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Place 1-2 scoops of Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream in each mug, then top with hot cocoa.
- Serve immediately with lots of warm love.