Blue Bell Creameries, based in Brenham, Texas,
opened its doors in 1907.
It all started on a hot summer day in 1907 when local farmers decided to establish the Brenham Creamery Company and make butter from excess cream brought in by area farmers. A few years later, the creamery began making ice cream and delivering it to neighbors by horse and wagon. It was in 1930 that the company changed its name to Blue Bell Creameries after the native Texas bluebell wildflower.